👍HOW TO CLEAN RANGE HOOD FILTER WITH SIMPLE WAY: TIPS & GUIDES IN 2021
Purify task hood filters to keep your kitchen safe and prevent harmful smoke and toxic odors. This article will guide you with how to use materials at home to clean a range hood filter.
What is a range hood filter?
A hood filter is an accessory that can be made of activated carbon or metal to purify grease, dirt, and harmful chemical out of the air above your stove. The three most common filter types are the stainless steel baffle filter, the aluminum mesh filter, and the coal filter.
Why you need to clean range hood filter:
There are several reasons for you to consider routine cleaning a range hood filter because it gives you some benefits: save energy electrically, improve the life of your hood, maintain functional quality, provide providing fresh air and cleaning periodically to support you saving time next purifying.
Please don’t think that cleaning tasks will take a long time; it’s so quickly within 10 – 15 mins if you make it routine. Besides that, a dirty kitchen hood filter is a fire hazard that also attracts pests to your kitchen.
Unclean Range Hood Filter Cause Fire:
An impure hood filter will cause grease and dust to form in a thick layer and harden. At that time, the filter is no longer ineffective. The grease will fly down the pipeline and fill; over time, the fat layer will be thicker and form a very flammable compound and cause a fire.
Dirty Filters Fill bring Toxins into Your Home:
The average weekly time spent at home is about 40% per person, so indoor air quality is essential to your health, especially preventing allergies.
Uncleaned gas stove hood filters increase the amount of nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide, and formaldehyde in the indoor air, which is a chemical compound that is harmful to your health.
The electric cooker hood is neither clean nor better. The electric burner produces ultrafine particles that turn dust into steam and float in the air of your home, causing breathing problems and affecting the lungs.
How to Clean Range Hood Filters:
There are six basic steps for the kitchen hood’s washing filter; however, depend on your are have a clean it routine before yet, we apply different methods. I would like to brief the process for you can imagine what you will do.
- Remove the filter from the hood.
- Prepare suitable cleaner.
- Submerge the filter in the solution for a set time.
- Scrub away grease and grease stains.
- Let dry naturally, then wipe with a soft cloth and wipe around the cooker hood’s surface.
- Reinsert the filter to the original position.
Some Equipment & Material you need:
- Boiling water, baking soda, Vinegar Solution.
- Large pot, tong & toothbrush.
Use dishwasher detergent or dish soap.
- Wet the filter under running hot water cause removing some grease easily. Place the wet filter in the sink.
- Put on widely and spread around the filter, including the metal rim if you want the filter to be spotless. Let surface unaffected.
- Stay the filter within one hour.
- Spread more soap and scrub it with a brush under hot water to bring out small grease stains in the corners. If it was filthy, you should remake it many times.
If it was still filthy, you should remake it many times. This methods apply for you never clean filter of stove hood before.
Using Vinegar Solution and Baking Soda
- Place the filter in a large pot, then add water and bring it to a boil.
- After boiling, add 3 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of baking soda to the solution, respectively.
- Keep the filter in the solution for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Take the filter from the solution and wash off any grease traces with a brush.
If you don’t have material or out of stock, you might consider using this method for medium stains.
Hot soapy water + Ammonia.
- Prevent drainage for the sink and add water + dish soap.
- Mix the solution and then put the filter in within 10 – 15 mins.
- After that using a brush and brush on the filter.
Using a dishwasher for cleaning the filter of the hood.
- Please place them in the bottom rack and choose a wash mode as usual. Note: Do not use harsh detergents or bleach.
- After the cycle is completed, wipe the filter completely dry with a soft, grain-based, stainless steel washcloth.
- This method is fit for less dirty, and you could save time for it.
This is suitable for less dirty, you could save time for it.
What is the best odor filter?
If you cook everyday or love fryer food or Asian stylish, a baffle filter is your best choice. Who cooks less often might consider a mesh filter. Or, if you need to revolve the air in your kitchen, a coal filter is your best option. So it depends on your habitual cooking to choose the best for yours.
How Often do You Clean Filter of Kitchen Hood.
Your hood filter should be thoroughly washed at least once a year. However, the frequency of cleaning depends on your cooking level. If you cook daily, your filter should be scrubbed much more often than someone who cooks only once.
Some note to you when you clean range hood filter.
- Don’t use a blow dryer as this could, in unfortunate cases, lead to electric shocks. Therefore, the best thing that let it dry naturally with a fan or wind.
- An unclean range hood doesn’t just damage the quality range hood and increase your electricity bill.
- A dirty kitchen hood where an environment for some pathogens (bacteria and the like) thrive directly affects bad your health.
- Please be careful when disassembling the filter as you may get injured by the sharp edges & make sure that you switch off the appliance.
- When adding baking soda slowly and not all at once, because when added simultaneously, it will create a chemical reaction that will cause the solution to overflow.
By the method suggested above, cleaning the kitchen hood filter is easier for you. It also realize that important to washes filter of hood.
Do not forget to leave your comments below this post. Thank you!